We’re sorry to hear that you’re leaving us but we understand that life circumstances change. If there is anything we may do to change your mind, please kindly let us know.
Things to know before you submit your 30-Day Notice to Move Out:
1. It is understood that this notice is required by California (CA) Civil Code section 1946 and that, except as provided by law, rent shall be due and payable to and including the date of termination or 30 days after service of this notice upon the Landlord.
2. The Security Deposit may not be used as the last month’s rent.
3. All Leaseholders and occupants must agree to this request to move out; the Landlord reserves the right to evict any occupants in the premises past the expired lease term.
4. 30 days is calculated starting on the day this request is submitted, all days are calendar days.
5. Early lease terminations are governed by CA Civil Code 1951.2; there may be certain costs you may incur for terminating your lease early.
Things to know after your 30-Day Notice to Move Out submission:
1. Within 2 business days of your move-out request, we will email you a form titled “Reply to 30-Day Notice” informing you of your rent balance. Additionally, there will be a form allowing you to request an initial move-out inspection.
2. Please do not place unwanted furniture in the trash bin as the trash company will not take it and it is not a kind thing to do; contact our office and we’ll help coordinate your bulky item disposal.
3. Please properly dispose of all trash prior to moving out, you will be charged for the disposal of any items left behind.
4. Please remember to forward mail to your new address by informing the post office at USPS.com.
5. Your move-out is complete after you return the house keys and we confirm that all occupants have moved out.
6. Within 21 days of your move-out, we will mail you your security deposit refund with an itemized list of deductions. You may review the CA Security Deposit Statute for more information regarding your security deposit refund.